Shiga International Ski School
**Ski and Snowboard Lessons**
There are 3 schools working out of the Shiga Kogen area we recommend.
• SUGIYAMA Skiing & Snowboarding School SIA
• SHITAKA SHINGO Mt.Yakebi Snow School SAJ
• Shiga Kogen International Ski School (best one)
Sugiyama Ski and Snowsports School offers private lessons in English with meeting places at Okushigakogen, and the East and South Wings of the Prince Hotel. The Shitaka Shingo Yakebitaiyama Ski School offers private lessons in English and operates from the West Building of the Prince Hotel. The International Ski School in the Okushiga area offers skiing and snowboarding lessons in English and other foreign languages. Both group and private lessons are available. This is the best option, but can book out quickly so advanced bookings are necessary
Shiga International Ski School offers private and group English-speaking lessons to those wanting to learn and or hone their abilities. Whether you are interested in ski lessons or snowboard lessons, their experienced instructors can help you increase your skills and have a great day on the mountain.
As Shiga Kogen is such a vast area it can be useful sometimes to have guides to show you the best places to get the best snow. Big Cloud Backcountry offers guided backcountry ski tours as well as snowshoe tours around the Shiga Kogen region in English. All tours require at least two participants.
Ski Japan Holidays can make all the arrangements for you.
Facilities for Children
• Takamagahara T-Kids Day Care Centre is located at the Takamagahara Mammoth ski area, providing childcare from ages 6 months to 6 years
• The International Ski School has children’s ski lessons available from 4 years of age up to 12 years, above 12 years in considered at an adult rate.
• Some of the hotels can organize babysitting such as the Prince Hotel in Yakebitaiyama or the Okushiga Kogen Hotel. The latter also has various family-oriented evening activities.